Prescribed Debt - "Old debt" that by law, you are not required to pay

Discuss General Personal Finance Issues, Business Finance, Loans, Taxes, Accounting, Debt, Credit, Tax Free Savings, and High Interest Savings Accounts.
anita47

Post by anita47 »

What if you haven't paid the debt review company because you can't taking it 8 years back why does it still flag under debt review.
karen75

Post by karen75 »

I'm currently sitting with that problm I'm owing a retailer account..which they handover me to there lawyers now they sending me messages demanding me paying that a account
cleo90

Post by cleo90 »

karen75 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 3:33 pm I'm currently sitting with that problm I'm owing a retailer account..which they handover me to there lawyers now they sending me messages demanding me paying that a account
same here..where must we get money if we not working..
kemp754

Post by kemp754 »

What if u went underdebt review and u stop paying them 3 years ago, would your debt still be prescribe
justin75

Post by justin75 »

kemp754 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 3:35 pm What if u went underdebt review and u stop paying them 3 years ago, would your debt still be prescribe
no. I was under debt review. But was put unlawful under debt review. U need to contact the person that signed u up to give her or him permission to take u off.
janie67

Post by janie67 »

I have had loan I made in 2014 at a bank and then I stopped working up until today I couldn't pay that loan but for a few months payment was deducted before I left
megan73

Post by megan73 »

My husband has not been able to pay at all. And if I skip a mnth they send messages. Is his debt prescribed
milly76

Post by milly76 »

But the ppl keeps phoning I haven't made a payment Jan 2020 so does it go for me I've been retrenched
ford53

Post by ford53 »

My credit card hasn't contacted me in more than 3 years, but now recently they sent the sheriff of the court to me...what do I do
byron743

Post by byron743 »

Thank you Lady... kindly keep up informing us as it gets overwhelming having to deal with debt and I need to what's advisable...
paul75

Post by paul75 »

bad payments will catch up with you. u can't cheat life
earl42

Post by earl42 »

What do you do if they won't accept the prescribed debt notion
adams

Post by adams »

So if your debt is prescribed, how do you get it off your name? Store cards and a loan how can I clear my name because I have too getting court orders and phones please assist if possible.
Fatima

Post by Fatima »

I have been summoned by African Bank and my last mpayment I made was November 2017, I have never spoken to them since, is my debt prescribed?
jennifer643

Post by jennifer643 »

People dont know their rights.believe you me.i did debt collecting for many years .so good job very informative

https://offerforge.net/?E=IHBSmghwSNJPz ... %2f16D&s1=
january42

Post by january42 »

When you say prescribed, does that mean Written off
gabie678

Post by gabie678 »

I'm blacklisted
hall73

Post by hall73 »

I can't even recall how many years ago I did a payment of my accounts only because I lost my job, that being said I still am unable to make a loan or even getting an account even now that I've got a job. What happens in such a case?

Return to “Financial Matters”