Calls intensify for clarity on Adetshina’s nationality

Discussions On South African Politics Including The Law, Analysis and Opinion On Local Government, Parliament and Party Politics.
khanyi93

Post by khanyi93 »

https://www.sabcnews.com/sabcnews/calls ... tionality/

zinhle63

Post by zinhle63 »

Yes. I personally want clarity. This is not about hate or anything. To say that any of us are being xenophobic or whatever you may label it, is ultimately gaslighting me or ridiculing me. I’m sure others feel the same. As a country, we do not want to be represented by anyone who does not reflect us.. by that I mean ORIGIN… As South Africans, we respect other countries and their ways, and their laws… We demand our respect too.. We hate lies & we hate being misled or taken for a ride…. We want thorough clarification because she does not represent any of our South African girls… Our girls do not feel represented at all. If circumstances were the same in Nigeria, for a girl with South African blood & roots, there’d be chaos. We demand the same respect!!!!
iraki21

Post by iraki21 »

zinhle63 wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 1:56 am Yes. I personally want clarity. This is not about hate or anything. To say that any of us are being xenophobic or whatever you may label it, is ultimately gaslighting me or ridiculing me. I’m sure others feel the same. As a country, we do not want to be represented by anyone who does not reflect us.. by that I mean ORIGIN… As South Africans, we respect other countries and their ways, and their laws… We demand our respect too.. We hate lies & we hate being misled or taken for a ride…. We want thorough clarification because she does not represent any of our South African girls… Our girls do not feel represented at all. If circumstances were the same in Nigeria, for a girl with South African blood & roots, there’d be chaos. We demand the same respect!!!!
But there is no law that says a naturalized citizen cannot participate in the pageant. Miss SA is a private organization, no laws are being broken here. The reason you are bringing up origin is that you don’t want here to participate even if Home Affairs says her papers are legit
gazi90

Post by gazi90 »

Surely papers are being cooked. How long does it take to verify an individual?
florence73

Post by florence73 »

Funny she was born in Soweto South Africa 23 years but she doesn't know a single local language how is that possible and when is the so-called South African mother
hlengiwe62

Post by hlengiwe62 »

Clarity will show us how @HomeAffairsSA corruption harms our country. And whoever is responsible, if indeed, fraud was committed needs to face the full might of the law. Now we’re being labelled xenophobic by people who want us to look the other way when they break our laws.
vuyi85

Post by vuyi85 »

I think she is selfish, she knows she an illegal and now her whole family must be scrutinized because of her.
lerato876

Post by lerato876 »

It's interesting that we've had this issue for longer than a week. The issue was raised by South Africans. No media house has sent a journalist to investigate more about her background in Soweto where she claims she grew up or Cape Town where she went to school.
gugu89

Post by gugu89 »

lerato876 wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 2:07 am It's interesting that we've had this issue for longer than a week. The issue was raised by South Africans. No media house has sent a journalist to investigate more about her background in Soweto where she claims she grew up or Cape Town where she went to school.
They traced Thabo Bester’s mother like a stolen car those sellouts journalists :crying: :crying:
cathy82

Post by cathy82 »

Why haven't you asked why her mother has not come out to defend her daughter as any normal mother would do. Or even the mother's sisters if the mother is indeed a South African :bored:
jabu94

Post by jabu94 »

This girl she's making g South Africans to dance,one person causing headaches..WHY???
johnny73

Post by johnny73 »

Return to “Politics, Goverment and Law”