If I may ask how do you make money with the food that is so expensive for the pigs?

Poultry Farming, Cattle Farming, Pig Farming, Fish Farming, Sheep and Goats, Spinach and Cabbages, Tomatoes and Potatoes, Maize and Onions.
Ronnel79

If I may ask how do you make money with the food that is so expensive for the pigs?

Post by Ronnel79 »

David63

Post by David63 »

Expensive feeding equates to quality breed.Quality breed equates to quality sales...
Olebong57

Post by Olebong57 »

Only good genetics can warrant good feed. They grow quickly and effortlessly
Felo52

Post by Felo52 »

Find a store near that throws away expired food
Ronnel79

Post by Ronnel79 »

Felo52 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 1:24 am Find a store near that throws away expired food
Felo52 to collect that food on a daily basis is also costly and time consuming...
Byron46

Post by Byron46 »

The main aim when you do pig farming is not to feed your pigs feed that won't make them grow at the rate they are supposed to,

You need to make sure you feed them well and they are healthy and get enough water to drink by so doing you reducing the time of you keeping them and feeding them and always have a ready market for the pigs as this cuts costs of keeping them longer in your pens.

You would rather get quality feed which in turn will give you quality meat which is premium quality.
Stephanie64

Post by Stephanie64 »

There are cheaper feeding options. But depends in what area you are.
Jaco43

Post by Jaco43 »

Start well. Buy weaners from a reputable breeder. This automatically gets you better prices if you intend on selling from the hoove. A pigs that presents better sells better. Also stick to foods you know that have a good FCR, eagles has an amazing feed for pigs. Don’t try and cut coners by feeding vegetable waste, you are just wasting time and money. The do not gain weight as they should on scraps.

If you are going to sell carcasses then this does not necessarily apply if you can ensure you have proper meat production.

Profit margins for livestock farmers are shrinking at an alarming rate, so try and do larger numbers, that way your profits also get bigger in the same time.

Just my 2 cents from a commercial side of things.

Return to “Agriculture and Farming”