Which one is easy and profitable between pig farming and chicken farming?

Poultry Farming, Cattle Farming, Pig Farming, Fish Farming, Sheep and Goats, Spinach and Cabbages, Tomatoes and Potatoes, Maize and Onions.
kali78

Which one is easy and profitable between pig farming and chicken farming?

Post by kali78 »

People! Which one is easy and profitable between pig farming and chicken farming :pray: :pray:
siya57

Post by siya57 »

Pig farming is easy and profitable when run properly

Chicken farming is also easy and profitable cos it takes full 8 weeks and 10 50kgs bags of feeds for 200 broiler chicks to grow well, unlike in pig farming where it takes 6 to 8 months for a piglet to grow and about 10 bags of pig grower in that period which are expensive but in pigs you can sell piglets and pork at the same time, which makes it more easier
johnny73

Post by johnny73 »

These are two different projects
Pig farming it's a long term project while chicken farming is a short term project. We can say chicken farming is the best than pig farm the answer should be it depends on what you want to have and your capital again
sicelo57

Post by sicelo57 »

Start with chicken farming as you will make profit fast and easy. But need to do your homework as chickens are also fragile
bhuti86

Post by bhuti86 »

If you're a starter, forget about profit for now. Just start and learn about growing both chickens and pigs.

Start with minimal number of chickens, learn how to care and grow them well, then think about expanding the business by getting more chickens. Do the same with pigs.

You can actually run them at the same time. All the best.
I started with 3 piglets.

I then added 4 chickens, road-runners. They're now 16.

Yesterday I bought new chicks to grow myself for the first time. It's an amazing journey.
gloria92

Post by gloria92 »

It's all profitable but it all needs time and patience, if you're in a remote area or where there's a big land start with farming, like soya beans , sunflowers and yellow maize,to cut costs of buy stockfeeds, while doing smallcale projects of chickens and pigs both and you will thank me later
diane68

Post by diane68 »

In business no comparison it's all about investment, dedication and time...both have their good returns,just depends duration in which you are into and planning management.
None is easy especially if you have less knowledge in it.
hlelo39

Post by hlelo39 »

If you want high income in longterm pig farming has huge scope
Feed cost for pigs are expensive and need to feed them for longer period so if you got huge capital to rare atleast 15 pigs you can be millionaire in some years
nthati82

Post by nthati82 »

Depends on your market. Pig family is capital intensive compared to chicken farming. Do market research.
buhle965

Post by buhle965 »

None boss .unless you produce feeds for your livestock
fresh74

Post by fresh74 »

Farming is a risk u can invest it and expected huge profit then it can turn down an expected due to disease.
But to say the fact both farming chicken and pig they are long-term profitable

Return to “Agriculture and Farming”